Home Based Educator
Do you love working with children? Do you want a career that is personally satisfying, helps you develop professionally and is financially rewarding?
Being a home based Educator is a career option that enables you to stay at home with your children, in your own home environment, while you are also engaged in paid work.
Early Childhood Education training will be provided to support our Educators in completing all the requirements that come with the role.
Baby Kingdoms cares to provide quality home based care for children. Families come to us as we have screening processes to recruit suitable Educators within safe environments.
Benefits of Being an Educator
- Setting your own days and hours of work along with your hourly rate is entirely up to you and we will support it.
- A registered Early Childhood Education teacher will be assigned to visit you at least once a month to provide support and will be available as required.
- Free access to digital tools to support your daily duties.
- Business development, family matching, and marketing support from our team.
- Fees are paid for in order to complete the New Zealand Certificate in Early Childhood Education & Care (Level 4).
- We offer you advice, and will help you with house safety setup. Equipment and resources can also be loaned from us.
- Earn an income from home while looking after your own child.
How to Apply
Enjoy a rewarding careeer as a Home Educator.
This usually starts via phone or email enquiry through Baby Kingdoms. Parents or caregivers would like to know the age group of children, area, and available time.
The coordinator will arrange a time to visit the family to explore each individual family’s interests, values, and aspirations for their children.
The coordinator will then arrange a time with the parent/caregiver for a site visit. This will allow them to have further conversations with the Educator while a child can explore and see if he/she is comfortable with the new home environment (a site visit can take up to a week).
Parent/caregiver completes an enrolment form, which includes enrolment hours, days of the week, Educator’s hourly rate, optional charges, etc.
Become a Home Based Educator
Through your journey to becoming an Educator, you will be supported by a professional, communicative teaching team and useful resources.
- We will answer any questions you might have about becoming an Educator with Baby Kingdoms, as well as take all your details so we can begin your registration process. During this phone call, we will make an appointment for one of our coordinators to meet you at your house.
- The coordinator will undertake a home safety inspection, ensuring your house meets the Ministry of Education’s health and safety requirements. If there are improvements that need to be made, we will support you through these.
- We will talk to you about what you can expect as an Educator, discuss your current situation and/or experience, as well as just take the time to get to know you a bit more.
- Meeting two – Your coordinator will pick up your completed forms (including the police vetting form) and get these processed. We will discuss the role more in deep with you and go through any questions you may have at this stage.
- Meeting three – During the time it takes to process your registration (police vetting can take up to 20 days), your coordinator will support you to set up your home so you are ready to go once registration is complete. You will also need to undertake your first aid course during this time.
- Once registration is complete, your coordinator will help you promote yourself to families in the community – this will include creating a profile or flyer, as well as other marketing opportunities developed for Educators with Baby Kingdoms.
- You will now be part of our Childcare team, as will the children in your care.
Your child's home away from home.